Menu
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi

Dear Sirs/Madam
                            I seem to be having problems with my mobile service from Virgin, I can receive calls when Wifi is switched on, (on the mobile) but cannot receive calls when it is switch off on the mobile. When my wife calls my mobile with wifi switch off she gets the message "Phone unavailable" but when she calls me with the Wifi switched on the calls go straight through. My wife,s mobile is on Virgin and she can received calls with Wifi being switched on.
Can you assist please
Yours,
William Scott
ps I am on monthly contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi

Hi William,

WIFI on or off should have no bearing on phone calls unless you are making the call via a third party internet service.

What phone do you have?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy s4, I now think the problem is with the Virgin pylon on the farm down the road from us. My wife's Phone (virgin) is not working either and Virgin (after a lot of miss-information) now tell me they are having  problems with the pylon, now over two weeks and cannot tell me when this will be fixed. Looks like I need a new provider.

Thanks for your help.

Willioam

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi William,

I'm sorry to hear that a local mast has had some issues in your area. So I can check this out, are you able to let me know your full postcode?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat, Yes we live in LE7 9GR, this is entering its third week, I have spoken to the Technical boys twice now and I am told the mask in on Red Hills  farm     (I think that,s the name) Just off of the A47 just down the road. As we are both on Virgin it is causing problems, but I am told they have no idea when this will be solved, they tell me they are just waiting till the engineers get round to it. I am trying to be very patient about it, but the lack of information (as I have to ring Virgin every three or four days) is getting me down,

William Scott 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I understand your frustration William. 

I'm sorry that it's taken so long to fix. As EE own the masts, it is down to them to resolve this. We will be sure to press them and make sure it is fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat, It does not get me any nearer getting my service back, I pay Virgin, not EE and its for |Virgin to sort out, not me having to chase Virgin to find out when or if I will expect the service to resume, in the mean time I am still paying my monthly fee and running up bills on my land line. How can this be OK with Virgin.

William 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi William,

Thanks for coming back to us. I really do appreciate what you're saying. I'm not sure why it has gone down or what work is needed as I've only joined this thread today.

I've checked your postcode again and I can see the mast is showing as being repaired in the past three days. How are things looking now?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos