Menu
jucaro
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wifi buddy

I am trying to connect to wifi buddy on my iphone 5. to enable hotspots do i have to have my personal hotspot switched on? Nothing is happening on wifi buddy and was wondering wether if this needed to activate wifi buddy. please help !

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Russl
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi buddy

You should only need to Switch on your WIFI Hotspot when you need to transfer data to another device that has no connection to the net.

Im not a Virgin rep, so I may be wrong.

All Replies
Russl
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should only need to Switch on your WIFI Hotspot when you need to transfer data to another device that has no connection to the net.

Im not a Virgin rep, so I may be wrong.

Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi jucaro,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

I can see Russl has been helping you out which is great.

I just wanted to clarify this with you. As long as you haven't opted out of sharing your Superhub as a hotspot you will be able to access WiFi buddy automatically. You are automatically opted in for hotspot sharing.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jucaro
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi, im so confused with all of this, maybe its my age!. i downloaded wifi buddy app, installed my profile, which did it all automaticlly, i didnt have to do anything, it said set up was complete, and thats it, ive had nothing else, it doesnt connect to any hotspots, so what havent i done, I now know that my personal hotspot has nothing to do with it, do I have to enable anything? if so, how do i do it? please help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi jucaro,

Thanks for your reply.

The app should pick these hotspots up automatically. You shouldn't need to do anything with the app itself other than download and install it which you've already done.

If you use the map on the app are you currently near any hotspots?

Speak soon 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

jucaro
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I was near hotspots earlier today, i checked on the map. So it should connect, but nothing, I must be doing something very simple wrong !
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think he means public hotspots which were around before this new VM WIFI sharing which is not live till September.

0 Kudos
jucaro
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi, So what your saying is wifi buddy wont work til September ?
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No WIFI Buddy for public hotspots as it is now and has been since launch is not the same as the new VM WIFI sharing that goes live in some areas in September.

Going by fact I am in one of these areas and my SH2 has a new updated firmware and  have left myself Opt'd In and the E-Mail stating I will get a new WIFI App to download at that time its going to be different/updated from current App.

0 Kudos
johnathome
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What areas have been enabled for BB customers to access the wifi buddy or will i get an email when it's available in my area?, i've opted in BTW.

0 Kudos