Menu
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi buddy problems

OK got two phones on VM, installed the wifi buddy on both, went through the set up properly. Even in my house, it stops me connecting to the internet: it's connected to my wifi but I get a cannot contact server message and an ip of 0.0.0.0 in safari; on the other one which is android, it works fine at home, but keeps connecting to BT hotspots when I am outside. There's no internet though, seeing as VM don't connect you to BT internet hotspots so I have to turn wifi off and use cellular signal for data. It's a bit rubbish as far as I can see.

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi buddy problems

Hi Kolvin1,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with Wi-Fi buddy. The app itself is designed to connect to hotspots. Does this ever connect to any other hotspots besides BT ones?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kolvin1,

How are you getting on with this currently?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I haven't tried it since, I will let you know. Should be an issue for everyone near a BT or other hotspot though not just me

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For the one trying to connect to BT hotspots, it sounds like someone tried to connect to it in the past either by the phones WiFi or via the WiFi Buddy app.

If it was by phone it should be listed in saved networks and needs being deleted, if by the Buddy app you could delete the apps cached data or uninstall and install again.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos