Menu
Nigelbell2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi buddy auto connect set up

I'm trying to set up wifi buddy to auto connect. I'm using an IPhone 5s. The set up process tells you to turn off wifi and press continue. When I press continue I get an error message telling me wifi is turned off. If I do t switch wifi off and press continue I get an error message telling me to turn it off. This happens with 3G on and with it off. Is there a glitch or am I going wrong somewhere?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi buddy auto connect set up

Hi Nigelbell2

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Wi-Fi and the app setup on your iPhone 5s.

Can I ask whether your phone is showing a 3G connection at the top of your screen when you turn the Wi-Fi off? Also it’s worth double checking but are you using the older Wi-Fi Buddy app or the updated Virgin Wi-Fi app at the moment?

Regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Nigelbell2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, the app is virgin media wifi and I've get 3G with 2 dots out of 5 0n signal strength. The actual message is "Error. The internet connection appears to be offline "
Nige
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Nigelbell2

That sounds like an unusual error message, are all the other apps working okay on both Wi-Fi and 3G? Is it still the same after uninstalling and reinstalling the app itself?

Apologies for all the questions, I want to get to the bottom of this as soon as we can.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos