Menu
Pendragonz
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wifi app not working

Hi. Hope someone can help?

I'm having trouble with the VM Wifi app. I get the message "Error. Sorry, Your SIM card is not accepted. Please check your account" every time I try to auto connect.

I've tried everything ncluding resetting my network settings but still the same.

I'm new to VM and when I first got my new sim everything worked. Since porting my number across and backing iPhone this just isn't working?

Any help will be kindly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi app not working

Hi Pendragonz

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the the WiFi app.

Could I just check whether you have mobile only services with us, or if you also have cable services with us too?

Since the port completed, have you tried uninstalling the app and the associated WiFi Profile (Settings > General > Profile) and reinstalling them from scratch?

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Pendragonz
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark
Thanks for getting back to me. And yes I've tried resetting network settings / reinstalling the app and everything that has been suggested on this forum. I do have virgin media at home for my phone, bb & tv. I've reset my home router after being advised to do do but still get the same error (SIM card not supported, check account settings). I've also tried the sim in a different iPhone but get same.
I have noticed somebody else on here that has experienced exactly the same problem which was resolved remotely from your end. Not sure what this entailed but it looks to be the only solution.
Any ideas? Many thanks, Simon
0 Kudos
Pendragonz
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anyone?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pendragonz,

I'm sorry that the Virgin Media WiFi app still isn't working for you. I'd like to get this escalated to our technicians so that we can investigate what's causing the problem, but there are a few diagnostics we need to try with you first to see if we can get this working.

Thanks for letting us know that you've already tested your SIM card in a different device and having the same issue, reset your SuperHub as well as your handset network settings and uninstalled/reinstalled the WiFi app.

Please let me know if  your mobile data work when the WiFi on your handset is switched off? Are you able to load websites on your phone?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Pendragonz
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
Yes, Mibile data works when wifi is switched off.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pendragonz,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll need to send you a replacement SIM card in order to complete the final diagnostic check.

If the replacement SIM card doesn't work, then we can raise a fault ticket and escalate this to our technicians. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pendragonz,

Thank you for sending your details via PM as requested. I have escalated this to our support team. 

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pendragonz,

Thanks for sending your details. I have raised a fault ticket on this for you and escalated this to our technicians.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pendragonz,

I've received notification from our technicians that this issue has been resolved. 

Please retry this after uninstalling and reinstalling the app and let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos