Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi app - Your PAYG account isnt eligible?

Installed the Virgin Media wifi app on my phone which has a Virgin pay as you go SIM. Trying to set it up but the auto setup fails with:

"Your PAYG account isnt eligible - PAYG must be registered and have £5 topped..."

I put £10 on a couple of weeks ago when I ordered the sim and another £10 on this morning (so I could change from the starter tarriff). Any ideas?

I did wonder if there was someway of just using my broadband and TV account details as I installed the app on a tablet last week and that setup was flawless. Theoretically the mobile setup should have been even easier but it seems not!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi app - Your PAYG account isnt eligible?

Have you got a Mobile Your Account set up for the PAYG number?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

you should be able to use your Virgin Media (broadband/TV) account details to set up the app.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr,

First time with a smart mobile so finding things a little hard going!

I've got a Virgin Pay as You Go Sim and have a Virgin Mobile account which I currently have £17.80 on it. £10 was topped up this morning (so I could change tarriff) and after I had set the phone up I logged in to the account and I can see £2 has been used for mobile data (while it was setting itself up) and 20p for a text message so I think my account and phone are all linked up together.

All looks good to me. You do only need a Virgin Pay as You Go Sim - nothing else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tried again this morning and it worked first time. Perhaps the phone and sim combination have to be active for a few hours or maybe the phone needed to be switched off and back on? Whatever problem solved.

I'll give you guys kudos for taking the time to offer suggestions.

0 Kudos