Menu
speedsnap
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi auto-connect via App

Hi,

I've just joined Virgin Mobile on a pay monthly sim only deal a week or so ago.  Also migrated a number to my account using a PAC from EE which was sorted earlier today.

When trying to set up the VM WiFi app for auto-connect I receive an error the 'Your SIM card is not accepted. Please check your account'.

I'm using an iPhone 6.  I followed the suggestion on another thread tho reset network settings but this has not worked, as per the other thread.  The support was moved to PM on that thread so no idea what was the next step.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi auto-connect via App

Im exactly the same position as you mate, I ported my number from Vodafone!
0 Kudos
speedsnap
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, looks like its a common problem.  When I did a search it only highlighted one post, but having manually scrolled down the main page there are more posts.  Looks like an issue with the app that can get sorted by having a profile sent, which is what I guess is being sorted via PM on all these posts.  We'll see if someone turns up to help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I've fixed mine... strangely enough by switching it to 2G then trying it, it's installed fine now!
speedsnap
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

randomly mine installed without issue this morning. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi speedsnap and a_ukboy,

Sorry to hear you had some trouble getting the Virgin Media Wi-Fi app up and running.

I am glad to see things have since started working and thanks for posting what seems to have fixed it.

If you have any further problems with the app please let myself or one of the forum team know and we can take a look Smiley Happy

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ballinga
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I too am having this problem. It won't install the 'profile' which is weird. My friend has recently got a Virgin Mobile sim and hasn't had this issue. I have an IPhone 6s Plus and my friend has an IPhone 5s
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ballinga,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with the Virgin Media WiFi app. Has this been sorted out for your since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and send the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number
  • Screen shot of the error you are getting

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos