Menu
DBS
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Buddy safe?

If I download and use the WiFi Buddy App, how can I keep my phone secure from cyber attack?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi Buddy safe?

Why doesn't Virgin provide a free VPN service as part of their Wifi Buddy app?  That way users can rest assured that when they are connected to a public wifi service via Wifi Buddy, their connection will be secure and safe from eavesdroppers.  This would be a game changer for many people and would encourage more people to use the App.  

Having an antivirus app running will not stop anyone from stealing your information when using a public wifi hotspot, a VPN will.  

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DBS,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm pleased to hear you've been looking at our WiFi Buddy app. It's a great tool to use when you're in an area with poor mobile signal or low on Mobile Data allowance etc.

There are loads of Antivirus apps available nowadays like AVG and Norton. Just have a quick look on your apps store to see which suits your needs.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Why doesn't Virgin provide a free VPN service as part of their Wifi Buddy app?  That way users can rest assured that when they are connected to a public wifi service via Wifi Buddy, their connection will be secure and safe from eavesdroppers.  This would be a game changer for many people and would encourage more people to use the App.  

Having an antivirus app running will not stop anyone from stealing your information when using a public wifi hotspot, a VPN will.  

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi c_smith,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Appreciate your input here.

Here at Virgin Media take our customers security very seriously and as a result are always looking at ways in which we can improve our services.

Many thanks.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos