Menu
briancollison
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wi Fi

having trouble with mobile using WiFi at home, it detects it and shows strong signal and says connected, but will not use it when I switch off Data usage, yet when I connect with a friends WiFi at their home it has no trouble using it, they have Virgin as well, the same at my son's home who has Sky no problems there either. Have bought WiFi signal booster but no better with that either, yet shows strong signal.

My laptop has no trouble with WiFi at home, so this has me baffled.

The mobile is a Kazam Tornado 348, my first android phone

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi Fi

When your phone connects to any wifi then mobile data is switched off by the phone itself.

Go back into settings and wifi, forget or delete ( depends which one it's called on you phone) reboot, leave mobile data active search for and just log on, when it connects on the home page the H or 3G icon will vanish and the wifi icon pop up, job done.

Dont wisps any of the stops out as following then will ensure it get the opportunity to have a fresh attempt 

0 Kudos
briancollison
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the 'H' stays on, doesn't change at all

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If the H. Stays on, wifi is not setup correctly, or most likely not working, ld call 789 and thee phone may need to go in for repair

0 Kudos
AndyMacLon
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brian you maybe sorted by now.

my only suggestion is to try the following:

1. Settings>Wi Fi> Your Router (Click on  the name) - Check signal strenght - should be Good/Excellent (If it is poor this will be your problem)

2. If Signal is excellent then you will have two tabs at bottom of screen> Select Forget

3. Reboot the phone

4. See if you can connect to router (may need router password)

0 Kudos
briancollison
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the phone picks up WiFi in other places without a problem, tried what you suggested, rebooted but still the same, tried it in the same room as the Hub, showed strong signal but wouldn't use it, might be a Hub problem, getting an upgraded one tomorrow because I lost the internet a few days ago, so hope that might solve it.

0 Kudos
briancollison
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

now resolved, wifi is now working after replacing of Super Hub, seems that was the problem after all that, thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey briancollison

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know that it's been resolved.

I'm glad to hear that the new hub is working well too, if you need any assistance with your services in the future you know where to find usMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide