Menu
christina32
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why won't daughters phone connect abroad?

Hi, My 15 year old daughter is currently on her way to Austria on a school trip, as soon as she left UK her phone (apple 5c) has stopped working, we have made now 5 calls to customer services who have given us advise so far,

We have turned off and on again

Checked roaming is on

Tried manually selecting providers

Taken sim out

Taken battery out

All with no avail she is the only one on a coach of 60 with no phone and has just contacted me via a friend and is totally distressed by not being able to stay in touch with us while abroad, we have another week to go and I really need to sort this out, listening to your daughter crying while your a long way away is not pleasant, please help us out!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why won't daughters phone connect abroad?

Hi christina32,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your daughter is not able to use her phone while in Austria. As a parent of a 10 year old daughter I appreciate this is stressful.

By the looks of it you've tried most things we would recommend. Sometimes even though everything appears active via your account it may not have gone live at network level.

As she is not able to select a network this may indicate roaming is still not active on the system. I would advise you to give us a call so we can check this for you. I am assuming you are still in the UK so you would need to call us on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why won't daughters phone connect abroad?

Hi christina32,

Hope this information helped you out.

Did you get this sorted for your daughter.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos