Menu
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why wasn't my number transferred in time?

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

We can transfer your number in just one working day!

I had a PAC code that expired on 2nd Jan 2016, so I called on WEDNESDAY 30th December 2016 before 6pm.  I called Virgin on 789 today and was told the number was not transferred because of a holiday!!!!  Where?  As far as I am aware there was no holiday on THURSDAY 31st December 2015 cos I was working that day.  Now I have to get another PAC code and pay my old provider for another month.  This was not stated on the link above.

we can transfer your number in as little as 24hrs within this time

Request Day

Before 6pm

Transfer Day

Wednesday

Thursday

0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why wasn't my number transferred in time?

When approaching any holidays including christmas and new year leave enough time on hand just in case some thing goes wrong and I always do that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear your number wasn't transferred in time resulting in your PAC code expiring.

While New Year's Eve wasn't classed as a bank holiday a lot of places operate reduced hours. Whether this had an impact or not I have no idea I'm afraid. If there was a delay for any reason then there wouldn't have been any head room because the PAC expired on 2/01/16 which was a Saturday.

I know you're trying to wait until the last moment to get your month's worth. Please use the next PAC code as quickly as possible next time though. When I transferred from EE to Virgin I was only charged a pro rata amount so I can't see why this wouldn't apply to you too.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

While New Year's Eve wasn't classed as a bank holiday a lot of places operate reduced hours. Whether this had an impact or not I have no idea I'm afraid. If there was a delay for any reason then there wouldn't have been any head room because the PAC expired on 2/01/16 which was a Saturday.

I know you're trying to wait until the last moment to get your month's worth. Please use the next PAC code as quickly as possible next time though. When I transferred from EE to Virgin I was only charged a pro rata amount so I can't see why this wouldn't apply to you too.

The problem is I wouldn't know that in advance.  I got the SIM on the 30th December and expected the transfer to be done in time.

I have transferred now, but sadly Three are going to charge me for another whole month.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm really pleased to hear it has all been transferred over successfully.

As mentioned above, I would have thought they'd only charge you for the time it was used (assuming your contract is up with them). I've had no personal dealings with Three but this is what happened with me on EE but they could operate differently.

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos