Menu
DB9
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why was my post deleted??? Details being sold!

Now i raised a very valid point yet someone on here decided remove it. Surely others would also like to know this too.

I want to know who and why my details have been sold to 3rd parties when I certainly would not have authorised it. Since joining less than a month ago i have had in the region of 30 calls from different companies either wanting to sell me things, claim on some non existent accident or just annoy me with something that I now just wont even answer. Today I decided to answer one to only get told they bought my details in a list at that point I told them to delete my details and hung up disgusted. 

They know my name they know my number. My details on the number have never been shared apart from with virgin as i wanted to receive a text when my order dispatched. 

Really unhappy. I cannot recall if at time there was a box to tick about 3rd parties or not but if there was it definitely would've been ticked. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why was my post deleted??? Details being sold!

Deleted? - Do you mean this post that you made: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Are-virgin-selling-details/m-p/3355341

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your previous post hasn't been deleted. It's here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Are-virgin-selling-details/m-p/3355341

In regards to why your number is suddenly getting these calls, I'll defer to the forum team to answer, as personally I'm not sure why it's changed. If it was a landline number I'd say it could be because it was Directory listed, which is a separate thing to whether you've agreed to marketing or not.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DB9
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thats the one. My dashboard said no posts. Oh well apologies. This is a mobile phone its happening on and it has never been given out to any company before. I dont even use it to sell anything online, if you googled it it shows nothing. The calls only started after i signed up couple weeks ago.  Then today another one and this time I asked where the hell they got number and was told they buy the data. I signed up via virgin website so its not like some 3rd party be responsible which i would kind of understand more. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DB9,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are receiving unwanted marketing calls. Virgin Mobile doesn't share your details unless you give permission for this. Did you tick the box to not share your details with third parties?  

I can adjust the marketing preference on your account, but I'll need to verify your details first. This will only stop marketing contact from Virgin Mobile. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos