Menu
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why on a 12 month SIM only contract is a CCA

Why on a 12 month SIM only contract (at say £8-00pm) is a Consumer Credit Agreement needed (As I will be using my own phone) and will the price go up this July if I am just joining Virgin. Also are all 0800/0870 and 0808 No.s in the Free minutes. are the 1000 mins, per month, if so, can I assume if not used they will not be carried over to the next month.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why on a 12 month SIM only contract is a CCA

My understanding - which may well be wrong - is that you are entering into an agreement which may end up with you being charged more than the £8 per month, therefore you need to be credit checked.

With pay-as-you-go, you pay up front and any costs are taken off the money you have already handed over.

With a monthly rolling contract, you agree to be billed for any additional charges after you have incurred them, so you're effectively being offered credit. For example imagine you get 500mb of data included in your plan and you use it all up on day 1. If you stick to that usage pattern for the remainder of the month, you're looking at about £150 of additional charges.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All Pay Monthly mobile phone contracts from any provider whether they include a handset or not are covered by a consumer credit act agreement.

As are Virgin Media's cable services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
WillBill1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, that does make sense, can anyone tell me the best way to contact Virgin Mobil direct, so I can sort out the finer details of the plan,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only way is to phone free on 789 on your Mobile or 150 on your landline (VM). But why not ask your questions here and see if we can help?

I've looked at these deals myself and I've found the main web site to be fairly helpful. You might find your answer there.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WillBill1 wrote:

Also are all 0800/0870 and 0808 No.s in the Free minutes. are the 1000 mins, per month, if so, can I assume if not used they will not be carried over to the next month.

Freecall numbers are only currently included in the top 30 day SIMO Tariff

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

However this is changing from July as per www.ukcalling.info

The 1000 minutes don't roll over.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos