Menu
Bee1000
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Why is there no published contact email address for Virgin Mobile?

Had a billing problem regarding not getting a discount I was offered - thought the best way to raise it with a supporting explanation was via an email.

Looked for a contact email address (or a contact webform) on the website & my ebills and found nothing - recommended solution was 'Give us a call on 789'.

Phoned 789 today during my lunchbreak and 47 minutes & 2 seconds later (and I do mean 47 minutes and 2 seconds) finally resolved.

Was in the queue for about 10 minutes at the start but the rest of it was explaining, being put on hold, giving more info, being put on hold while a colleague was contacted, repeat ad-infinitum etc, etc.  Started off with a non-UK call centre person (not India - best guess Philippines) and after about 30 minutes I was transferred to a UK based call-centre rep - who was really helpful.

The whole experience really p****d me off - and on a business level made me question how this could possibly be an efficient way of handling customer contacts.

I work for a 'national infrastructure' type organisation and if it took us 47 minutes to sort out customers who'd phoned up there would be angry questions being asked in Parliament.

Surely Virgin Mobile can manage electronic written contacts?  Would have saved me loads of time & annoyance and would have saved Virgin Mobile loads of time.

Just some feedback from a pretty annoyed customer.

Bee1000.

0 Kudos
HelenW1306
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is there no published contact email address for Virgin Mobile?

U were lucky it only took 47 minutes and 2 seconds!!!!!
0 Kudos
cazza26
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

At least your issue was sorted. Phoned last month to get sorted, told it was and now 47minutes today to be redirected to start of call. Customer service very poor.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bee1000

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you had regarding the discount on your handset and that it took longer than we would have liked to get this sorted out for you.

It's good to hear that this has now been resolved though Smiley Happy

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All UK companies have had a legal obligation to publish (at a minimum) their registered address, registration number and country of registration on their website and email footers.

Virgin don't openly publish an email address, so you can't easily get the information by receiving an reply with the statutory information on it. To get the information from the website you have to use the "Legal stuff" link at the bottom of every page, and follow the "Registered office" link near the bottom of the resulting page.

It seems to me that Virgin try very, very hard to avoid receiving written communication.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

All UK companies have had a legal obligation to publish (at a minimum) their registered address, registration number and country of registration on their website and email footers.

Virgin don't openly publish an email address, so you can't easily get the information by receiving an reply with the statutory information on it. To get the information from the website you have to use the "Legal stuff" link at the bottom of every page, and follow the "Registered office" link near the bottom of the resulting page.

It seems to me that Virgin try very, very hard to avoid receiving written communication.

Whilst agreeing with your point entirley

The reason companies make it difficult to find their registered offices is because 9/10 times they don't want huge amounts of mail to that address.

Joe Public needs a postal address that complaints will be received at and acted on- an address where peasants are employed to do that sort of thing. That IS on the website in plain sight(ish)

Pointed out so that people don't think the registered address is some sort of hidden "make all my problems go away" address, as is the usual with such things.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I didn't find any other postal address than the registered address. Having said that, I was only really looking as a check to see they were meeting the legal minimum requirements.

The registered address is only required for legal entities to be able to serve documents during normal office hours - it doesn't even have to be at the company offices. Many limited companies use their solicitor's office as the registered address. I used to use my accountant as the registered address when I was an IT contractor, just because my contracts took me all over the country. I was never served any documents, but I had to provide an address where they could be served.

If someone needs to write to Virgin Mobile, what other address should they use?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Front page of website>contact us>make a complaint>write to us

HERE

0 Kudos
Bee1000
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I think we've strayed a bit off the point here.

There are many people who for non-urgent issues would prefer to contact VM via an email/webform.

Should that facility have been available in my case (as I detailed in the original post) it would've have saved me loads of time & annoyance and I cannot imagine that it would've taken VM 47 minutes to resolve at their end and reply back.

To be exact on this - at this point in time I have only 'been advised' that the problem has been sorted.  If when the next bill arrives I find it hasn't I will be using the written complaint address as I just cannot face another 47 minute call.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bee1000,

I can understand your frustration here. Please let us know how it's all looking either way when you get your bill.

We want to make sure that this is all sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos