Menu
Paulz
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is my mobile internet so slow recently?

Why is my mobile internet so slow recently?  Cant use facebook it just comes back with error loading feed.  All my apps either dont work or time out.  When joining this community i had to verify via email.  I could get to my email but wont load any images within emails, and when i clicked verify on the one from Virgin it came back with a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Under the H+ icon there are flashing arrows, which i believe means that there is a connection but it appears to be so slow its un-usable!!  HELP!!

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my mobile internet so slow recently?

Someone here might be of more help, but do you have a VM store near you? Something like this can be a lot easier in person. http://store.virginmedia.com/store-locator.html
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been in my local vm store before about network issues and they don't want to know just say call 789 all vm shops are interested in is selling you a new phone!
0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh, well that's unfortunate :/ if you're at all lucky you'll get someone with some tech sense and run through some basic checks before throwing you to 789.
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem with mega slow 3g speeds now for 15 days both inside and out but no one can give me a definite answer as to why not here or tech support or when it's going to be fixed either.
The things tech support told me to try to see if it would help either made things worse or I had tried before calling them.
I'm getting faster speed on gsm than 3g when doing a speed test on ookla.
0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Willing to send it away for repair? Could be a problem with the hardware rather than anything you've done. Take it you've tried a factory reset?
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If anything like the problems I'm having its just virgin as other SIMs in the same handset work fine and when virgin SIM is put in another handset you get same slow problem.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulz,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with slow data.

I would like to take a look at this for you.

To do this I will need to send you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side).

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos