Menu
Josh6l
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is my Mobile Data so slow?

Hi. For the past 2 weeks ive been getting a download speed of 48kbps and a upload speed around 24kbps. I have a Galaxy S6. But come to the conclusion its not the phone as i tried my sim in a S6 Edge which received the same data of 48kbps. Tried to phone Virgin but their multiple options phone line couldnt seem to detect I pressed 4 for my option to speak to someone. Tried 4 times but couldnt get anywhere. Thanks
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my Mobile Data so slow?

Do you know how much data you have used in this charging cycle. Virgin do slow you down after 3.5GB  but even then those speeds seem very slow.

Is it the same everywhere?

0 Kudos
Josh6l
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I finally got on the phone to them. He said its UK law to restrict my data after 3.5gb Ive used 2.4gb in 17 days. Its the same everywhere. Ive only experienced this the first time since July. He said its my heavy useage is the problem. But its not exactly heavy? Ive never had this with any of my other policys. I pay for 5gb and cant even half of it.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

UK law - that's a good one. lol

Virgin's 3.5gb throttling threshold runs on a calendar month basis, not from your refresh date, so on the 1st of October the throttling will be lifted.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That bull***** it's not the law it's Virgins attempt to restrict internet useage, new customers are restricted T 3.5 go old at 2.0 go according to their T&C's sadly, I'm waiting to see if it's still the same when 4 G drops in.
Currently you drop from 3.5 G or H if your prefer to basic 3G, I'd b happy to get that most of the time.
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Didn't know about the calendar month thing. - thanks

More lies from 789 just to shut a customer up.

So glad my phone is not with Virgin

0 Kudos