Menu
Gusta2016
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why is it so painfully slow/long winded to send back a handset?!

I recently ordered a new phone upgrade. After receiving my phone I decided it wasn't for me and that I actually wanted a different model. I really didn't think it would be such a slow and long winded process to send back a handset!

1. It takes 3 to 5 days to receive a jiffy bag to send back the handset!-

Why not allow customers to send their handsets back in the original jiffy bag that it's delivered in. Many companies allow this and provide a re-sealable bag.

2. You can only send the handset back through the post office-

Why can't there be a pre-paid label included in the packaging to send the phone back using the courier that delivered it and call them to arrange a collection. Much quicker and more convenient.

3. It then takes at least another 5, maybe 10 days to process the return before a customer can even think about placing a new order!

This needs to be a quicker process, especially if the customers old phone is about the pack up any second!!

I know it's my fault changing my mind about the handset, but we often change our minds in life about items we buy and it's allot easier and quicker to return them with other retailers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is it so painfully slow/long winded to send back a handset?!

Gusta2016 wrote:

...I know it's my fault changing my mind about the handset...

No it's not.

Distance sellers have to follow rules regarding returns specifically because you can't easily get your hands on the product to try it out before you buy it. It's part of the business model they chose to follow. The fact that customers may decide a particular product isn't for them is nobody's fault, and anyone who takes such orders has to accept that sometimes customers change their minds.

0 Kudos