Menu
mistopher
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin Media taking away services (Smartcall, Webspace etc) put putting up prices?

I can't understand how Virgin Media expects to keep customers if they constantly remove services but put their prices up.  I use Smatcall on my frequent visits to the USA and find this very useful.  Now I will have to find and alternative and have another providers it's all that it encompasses (payments, passwords etc). The same can be said about Webspace that is also going.  Virgin Media have tried to sweeten the pill, but on the long run it will cost me more.  

Virgin Media are no longer any different from other providers and I would even say they are getting as bad as BT.  I will definitely be researching alternative providers of Broadband, TV and phone 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Virgin Media taking away services (Smartcall, Webspace etc) put putting up prices?

Digging a bit deeper on this one and it appears they licence the app from the developers. This licence has come to an end and they have decided it is not cost effective to renew.

Just for info, the USA is a Three 'At Home' country. Calls come out of your allowance.

0 Kudos