Menu
2and3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why have virgin locked my phone after I cancelled my 30day sim only deal and told to wait 3mnths....WHY??

Why has my own phone been locked by virgin when I cancelled my 30 day sim only?

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have virgin locked my phone after I cancelled my 30day sim only deal and told to wait 3mnths....W

What message are you getting when you try a non VM SIM card?

Is yours an iPhone? iPhones lock to the first network they are used on.

If not then the phone was locked when you bought it. Or do you maybe mean the phone is now barred?

0 Kudos
2and3
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have virgin locked my phone after I cancelled my 30day sim only deal and told to wait 3mnths....W

It is an iPhone and it wasn't locked before I put the VM SIM card in?When I rang VIrgin I was told after cancelling 30 day sim only deal it would automatically go to pay as you go I said I didn't want that and just wanted a complete end to virgin and was told it will take 3 months locked.....the sim I now put in is a telco sim but phone says insert correct sim for the provider thus being Virgin....I think this is totally un acceptable and have no right to do this......so in theory I have no phone for 3mnths ...fed up with it all ...

0 Kudos
2and3
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry tesco not telco

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Only unlocked iPhones bought from the Apple store don't lock to first network they are used on. Unlocked phones from all other sources such as CPW or Virgin will

Where did you buy the iPhone? If you bought it from Virgin then you should be able to ask them to get it unlocked. If you bought it elsewhere you are going to experience some difficulty.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2and3 wrote:

It is an iPhone and it wasn't locked before I put the VM SIM card in?When I rang VIrgin I was told after cancelling 30 day sim only deal it would automatically go to pay as you go I said I didn't want that and just wanted a complete end to virgin and was told it will take 3 months locked.....the sim I now put in is a telco sim but phone says insert correct sim for the provider thus being Virgin....I think this is totally un acceptable and have no right to do this......so in theory I have no phone for 3mnths ...fed up with it all ...

The locking to the first provider/sim inserted is down to Apple, it's part of the firmware they supply for their retail sold phones.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

".....I said I didn't want that and just wanted a complete end to virgin and was told it will take 3 months locked....."

Please clarify what you mean by the above? Did Virgin say it would take 3 months to unlock the phone? What exactly did they say?

0 Kudos