Menu
mandamoomoo
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why has my phone stopped working in Spain? Not connected to any network.

Why has my phone stopped working in Spain? It won't connect to a network. I've checked my settings on my account and they are set for roaming and I've created a new APN but nothing is working.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has my phone stopped working in Spain? Not connected to any network.

Hi mandamoomoo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear roaming has stopped working for you in Spain.

If roaming is on there's not much I could suggest. You could try the following steps:

• Turn your phone off and then back on again
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network

If this doesn't rectify the problem I would recommend calling our mobile team on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has my phone stopped working in Spain? Not connected to any network.

This canned advice is not helpful when you have no phone. You are not the onlly one, as many people have the same problem and even when you can call the help number you get a recorded apology only!

I have had the same.problem in Greece, and had some joy thanks to hotel wifi and emailing theteam@virginmobile.com. But don't hold your breadth as it takes over 24hr to getahuman to respond.

It appears VM have a major issue with data and call roamimg, but don't wish to admit it....I'd love to know if the three pieces of advice given above have any technical validity or are straight out of the obfuscation play book?

Please post if you get aa resolution from VM

0 Kudos