Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why don't Virgin Top Up cards work in Tesco?

I have had PAYG for years and for some reason the Top Up cards never get accepted in Tesco shops.  I have had umpteen replacement cards and they still don't work - either the scanner can't read it or, when the assistant types in the number, it says it is an invalid card.

If I go to any other shop, the cards work fine, always.  So, what's going on, do Tesco have something against Virgin.  I also have a T-Mobile & a Tesco card and they work fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why don't Virgin Top Up cards work in Tesco?

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry that you've been unable to top up in Tescos stores. I want to get this all sorted for you. We're going through some system changes currently but our team on the phone will be able to help from Monday. They can order a new card for you to fix this.

Give them a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but a new card will not help.  I have had a number of replacement cards and none of them have ever worked in Tesco.  They work everywhere else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm afraid there's no logical reason why this happens. I've spoken to my colleagues who agree that we wouldn't be able to pinpoint this. I would suggest alternative top up methods such as via debit card  or an ATM.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
kryton666
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I got a replacement card online & tried to use it for the first time in tesco yesterday(haven't tried it any where else as yet) & it would not work!

Should have taken the printed top up voucher they offered but thought i would just top online & to add insult to injury seemed to go thru ok but not showing credit so don't know if has taken the money or not?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kryton666,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry about the issues with topping up. You should be able to check the status of your top up via your online account here.

I'm here if you need me.

Mat

0 Kudos