Menu
pjalaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why does Virgin Mobile Rescue 'vault' say my device has 'expired'?

I have a Samsung Ace 2. When I purchased the phone I downloaded the Mobile Rescue app.  Last week I removed my sim card briefly and this somehow triggered  the Mobile Phone Rescue which has 'locked' my phone: my phone is being treated as stolen. I don't recall ever setting up the 4 digit pin to unlock the phone, and the PIN I normally use didn't 'work', but I was told that I could obtain this on the Mobile Rescue pages. So I entered those pages and looked for the 'vault' for my phone, only to find that the PIN is unobtainable since supposedly my device 'expired' on the 20th June 2014. I am unable to retrieve my pin number to unlock my phone. Why is my device said to be 'expired' when I am still under the 2 year contract?

How do I access my pin number to unlock my phone? I have messaged support at 'Yougetitback' but they simply don't reply after 4 days and three messages.

Virgin Mobile Rescue has rendered my phone unuseable, which is almost as bad as having it stolen. Thank you Mobile Rescue! Can anyone out there help me? Or even explain why this has happened?

0 Kudos
sew_what
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does Virgin Mobile Rescue 'vault' say my device has 'expired'?

Watching this thread as I've got the same problem.  Please update if you hear anything!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjalaw and sew_what

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 'Mobile Rescue' app.

You should by able to unlock the handset remotely by logging into your account here.

If you have any trouble logging in, just contact our Insurance Team and we'll get the phone remotely unlocked for you. You can call the team on 0845 604 8846.

Let us know how you get on with it Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
pjalaw
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Vault, recovery of PIN

On someelse's question about Mobile Rescue a reply has come back

" If you are still having problems, You can log into your vault at virgin.yougetitback.com/vault and unlock your device from there. To recover your PIN all you will need to do is go on to the Settings section of the vault."

I also need my PIN and don't recall registering one for my Samsung Ace 2. The very thing you suggest above I can't do as 'yougetitback'  are  saying in relation to my vault that  my device has 'expired' which is completely untrue. And supposedly this occurred on the  20 June 2014. Yougetitback have rendered my phone unuseable and  they won't reply to my messages to their 'support' team.

Help! , Phil.

0 Kudos
sew_what
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mark, I don't think you understand - the phone is unlocked but says it expired.  No vault items there, no way of accessing anything.  I only found out when my phone died so now I've no way of restoring information onto a new phone :-(

pjalaw
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You said it Sew-What. I still don't know why the vault says my device is 'expired'. I will phone the insurance team but  I would normally do this from work....with my Mobile! So I now have to find and use a suitable landline first. I will let you know when I get my phone working again Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi sew_what and pjalaw

Thanks for getting back in touch with an update on this.

It sounds like the Mobile Rescue product hasn't activated itself correctly - our Insurance Team will be able to get you some help with this. Give them a call on 0845 604 8846 and we'll get on the case.

Keep us posted on it

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nuraika
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mark,

I am having similar issues to the others and CANNOt call your 0845 number as I am currently in holiday in the Czech republic.  I have had my phone for several years and this morning when I switched it on ( had it swicthed off during flight and tranfer to hotel previous day) I got the phone locked tec message.  Cannot unlock using the pin because I do not remember it.  Cannot rest the pin despite using the 'mothers maiden name option and logging on to the website I find that the device 'expired' on Oct 2013!!! 

I'm afraid that the exhortation to call an 0845 number does not inspire me to trust Virgin mobile rescue or Virgin in general.  I am now stuck in a hotel room with an unusable phone and no chance to even try calling this number for help.

I have sent several messages to teh support team, with not so much as an automated response (admittedly on 24th december I may be pushing my luck), never mind a human response. 

The posts above combined with my experience so far leave me feeling that if I could do a factory reset i would do so and remove the Virgin sim and replsce it with one from one of your competitors

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vault, recovery of PIN

Hi nuraika

Thanks for your post - I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Mobile Rescue app at the moment.

The app is administered by our insurance partners New Asurion and these are the people who can help get everything reactivated for you.

Calling the team is the quickest way to get some help with this, but they can also be contacted via email if calling isn't possible.

Their contact details can be found here.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mosmilestones
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vault, recovery of PIN

Hello Mark

I have a similar problem to many other posters. I got a new phone from Virgin and when I transferred my apps across the Virgin Mobile Rescue app locked both my old phone and my new phone. 

I can't access the website to unlock it as I've forgotten my password - I filled the password reset page but haven't received an email with a link to reset it - did this last night and again today.

I've now made 5 phone calls back and forwards between Virgin Customer services and the insurance people without success. The situation has been made worse because Virgin insurance has the wrong information about my phone - their records show I have a phone which I've never had - this seems to have been caused by wrong information from Virgin. 

So they refuse to deal with me. They now want proof from Virgin of my current phone type. Virgin tells me this will take at least 48 hours. 

So in the meantime, I've just spent a lot of money on phone calls and have a new unusable phone. I'm very frustrated and fed up with being passed from pillar to post and dealing with people who are treating me like a criminal. 

If the website actually worked I could go in and reset it but it doesn't. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos