Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why do i need a new sim card?

Had a nice Indian lady phone me last night offering to double my minutes/data etc and halve my monthly payment on my sim only deal to £4 for six months after which it goes back up to £8 but data etc remains the same. Sounds good to me so I said OK but the thing I can't understand is that she said I would be getting a new sim card. I checked that my number would stay the same and she said yes so what I'd like to know is why a new sim card? Anyone know? I was starting to think it might be some kind of scam getting me to put an infected sim into my phone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do i need a new sim card?

Ive heard companies doing this before, glad you caught it. While your on the phone the £8 sim deal has double data at the moment, may as well get that deal on your current sim

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like they sold you a second number 

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, so do I, which is  why I twice asked her to confirm that it would be the same number. Guess I'll have to phone up when I get home and try to speak to someone I fully understand and cancel it if that's the case.

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're right jb66 - just looked at my online account and an additional number has appeared. Not a happy bunny and I'll be telling them so later!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ive heard companies doing this before, glad you caught it. While your on the phone the £8 sim deal has double data at the moment, may as well get that deal on your current sim
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll try that when I ring them. It's a real con when I actually said twice: "I don't want a new number, it will be the same won't it?" and was assured it would be the same. All I want now is a "satisfaction" text or email asking how they did!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W

Sorry to hear about the confusion with your package change and that this has been set up as a new account rather than an upgrade.

Can I just check if you managed to get this resolved?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

Yes sorry, meant to update this earlier, hopefully sorted although the new number is still appearing in my account when I log into my mobile account online. If you could get into my account and delete the new number that would be great. It's the one ending in 148.

I spoke to someone called William (India again I think) on 20th at around 4pm and he was very helpful and sorted it out, apparently there was just over £4 showing against the new number which I guess was the first month's payment so he got rid of that plus he put me on the double data etc for the same price. I'd appreciate it if you could just go in and double check all is OK with it all as it's all been a bit of a mess due to me being totally misled in the first place.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W

This is good to hear.

The number will continue to show up on your online account for sometime even if it's been closed (this is so historical information, bills etc is still visible and we can't remove this).

I'd be happy to look into this a little further for you and confirm the action has been taken as expected.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos