Menu
golvannon
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Why can't i receive picture messages?

We have 2 identical MotoG phones and 2 identical PAYG sims set up with the same tariff.

One of our phones behaves as expected i.e. will download a picture message direct to the phone, the other always sends a link to the Virgin getmessage.virgin.co.uk website where the password always fails to let us view our picture or message.

So my question is how do we set up this sim to behave like the other? We have downloaded the settings and installed them time and again but pictures always come up with the same link.

What are we doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't i receive picture messages?

Have you tried sending a picture message from one to the other and vice versa?

0 Kudos
golvannon
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If we send a picture to the phone it shows a link to access it and if we try to send a picture from the phone it says "sending" for a few minutes then Shows an exclamation mark in a triangle and sends nothing
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi golvannon

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with one of your handsets sending picture messages.

So we can get to the bottom of what's causing these issues, could you swap the SIM cards over in the handsets temporarily as a test for us?

Then try to send an MMS again and see if the issue follows the SIM card or the handset.

If the issue is present on one of the numbers whichever phone it's in, the issue is likely to be with the account itself and the best bet would be to give our team a call on 789, free from either phone, to get some help with this.

If the issue happens with both SIMs in one of the handsets, it's like to be that something isn't quite configured correctly.

Head over to our 'Phone Settings' page to get the correct settings set up on the phone and ensure the 'Mobile Data' is turned on (Settings > More networks > Mobile Networks > Mobile Data)

Let us know how you get on with it Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
golvannon
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,
will try this but it is the 2nd handset the same sim has had the same issue with. However this is the first time we have had identical handsets.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi golvannon

Thanks for that Smiley Happy

If you could get back in touch with your findings, we'll be happy to offer any further assistance that's required.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
golvannon
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Well it seems that constantly sending the same message to the same number seems to have broken the cycle and eventually it sent one properly. I replied to that by sending a picture back and it showed up properly. Mysterious but finally after 7 years it accepts and sends pictures.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi golvannon

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

It's great to hear you've been able to get this sorted.

Just give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
philt
Dialled in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We had the same problem - we have 2 Samsung S4 Mini's
My wife received an MMS from a friend with a URL to login .... but we havent got a clue what the password is - we havent received one via SMS.

I followed the instructions on the VM site and se have sent MMS to each other succesfully ... so, from this point forward it will all work.

But - how do we view the original MMS?   All we have is a URL which is asking for phone number and password?

We had a code with the message but that does not work.

Where can I get a password ????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The PIN in the text message is the password.

If it doesn't work, try reformatting your number as 07... 447... or +447...

And try a different browser, on a desktop machine.

0 Kudos