Menu
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why can't Virgin Mobile price match to gain a new contract?

I'm a long standing customer with Virgin Media and getting a new phone contract for my wife.  The phone I'm looking at is the Moto G.  The best deal seems to be at Tesco where they offer the 8 or 16 GB version for £15 pm with 1GB data.  They even offer the 4G version of the phone for £16 pm - that includes 2G data!

I went the VM store and called VM to see if they were prepared to match or preferably beat that deal.  All they could do was parrot the prices on their list.  The best they could do was £16 for 500MB!

Shame as VM have lost a potential life long customer.

Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't Virgin Mobile price match to gain a new contract?

Hi Blenky,

Thank you for your post Smiley Happy

From reading your post i would definitely recommend calling our Virgin Mobile sales team as they can work miracles Smiley Happy

Please give our sales team a call on 0800 52 0238 which is free to call from a land line to see what great deals we can offer you on that phone.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy 

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mmm.  I did ring the sales team but they would not\could not match or beat Tescos deal.  

So took our business to Tesco.  My wife is now very happy with her new Moto G 4G. 

0 Kudos
HornetUK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here had two VM mobile accounts for over 5 years each plus £90+ TV / BB package and when rang for 2 new contracts they said prices you see on net are best we can offer!  So Tesco Mobile here I come...they were biting my hand off when I said I wanted to sign up to two contracts.  Giving me discount and extra data on prices that were already cheaper than VM.

0 Kudos
Shues
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was planning to move to Virgin for my mobile service after they rang me and offered me a Galaxy S4 mini for £20 a month. This, I was told was because I was a "valued, long term customer". I have been with Virgin broadband for close to 15 years and TV for 3, but when I called vodafone to cancel my current contract they offered me an amazing, identical deal that was basically half the price of Virgin's offer. Called Virgin to see if they could at least match it and all they could give me as a "NEW CUSTOMER" was the first two months free.

Are Virgin broadband and mobile two separate companies? How does this make any sense?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shues,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

We'd really like to have you on board with Mobile as well as your other services.

Mobile does come under the Virgin Media umbrella. I'm sorry that we've not been able to offer you a better deal.

Pop some info in here and we'll look into this for you. This will come to our team who can ensure that this is looked into.

Let me know once you've sent this off.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MattyTaylor
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been with virgin media for years and have an unlimited account which expires in April. I haven't been offered my old vip package as they no longer do it. All there offering is phones at a dearer price and poorer package than what I can get elsewhere. I had tv bb and mobile with them these will be going now as Bb and mobile unlimited was all I wanted from them. The Internet even though virgin deny this is being bottle necked on the upload (poor for gaming) and the unlimited data as I work away often was the only really after from them. Poor virgin really poor I as everyone else seems to state can only get what's on the web. Why have you gotten rid of the unlimited for customers on it? And why won't my contract be reduced if you can't upgrade my phone for free this is so frustrating. Ee are offering a iPhone 6 Plus with 10gb for £50 per month and you want to loose a "valued vip customer" oh well.
0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Blenky, thanks for heads up on those deals, I have same thing, 3 sim cards that haven't worked properly for months, full TV package, broadband etc, no customer service, couple of replies on forum then forgotten about, think its time to join you! Going to look at deals now, thanks again,

Bigga

0 Kudos