Menu
Theresa2509
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I text

I rang on Friday to get my number transferred from Tesco to Virgin.  All seemed well, I was told it would all go through that day and got a Text saying the same.  Had full service all weekend even though it was on the Virgin Number and not my Tesco one - so the transfer did not go through as they said.  This morning (Monday) it seems the transfer has gone ahead BUT old number is still being shown on my Mobile account and I now cannot send any texts, when I try I get "Can't send message.  Try again", but I can call and use the internet on 3G.  Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
Theresa2509
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I text

OK, so now I have another problem, I cannot receive calls.  I can phone out and the number displayed is my number I want to use, but when I try to ring my mobile it goes straight to answerphone for TESCO and does not connect to my phone at all.  So I can use the internet and ring out but cannot text or receive calls now that my number has been transferred.  Come on Virgin, you said it would be easy!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I text

Hi Theresa2509,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to text out or receive calls since the number transfer.

We'd love to help check this out for you.  If you give us a call on 789 Free from your handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other handset/line.

We'll check things over and find out what's happening for you.  It would be great to know how you get on, please keep us posted.

I'll also pop this here: Contact Us Page incase you need it.  

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos