Menu
KimTimms
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I text an Orange Spain mobile now? I've been doing so for at least a year...

I've been able to text an Orange Spain mobile for at least a year successfully, now it doesn't send messages. This has changed over last month or so
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I text an Orange Spain mobile now? I've been doing so for at least a year...

Hi KimTimms,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to text an Orange Spain mobile number.

I'd like to know more about this issue so I can help you. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Is the Orange Spain number still active?

Can you receive a text from the number?

Are you trying to send a text message from the UK?

Do you get an error message?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
KimTimms
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I text an Orange Spain mobile now? I've been doing so for at least a year...

The orange Spain no is active & I can receive texts from that mobile. The text msgs I send are not received and I'm charged 5p each time...
I'm in Spain in the same town & my mobile connects to virgin (Orange).
I don't get an error message.

It all worked fine until about a month ago when this problem started happening, firstly in the UK & now in Spain.

It all worked OK when I was last in Spain in January.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us KimTimms Smiley Happy

If you're charged for this, this will indicate that it has left our SMS message center which would mean that it's an issue with the spanish SMS message center receiving the text. Are there any other numbers in Spain that you text?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KimTimms
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't text any other Spanish mobiles. Will try to do so tomorrow & let you know.
However my husband also has a virgin mobile and has successfully sent (& received) texts to the same Spanish mobile that I'm unable to text...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply KimTimms Smiley Happy

It certainly seems like it could be linked to your sim or the phone. Is it possible for you to try your sim in another phone?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos