Menu
gbenglish
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why are foreign based call centres taking my money for services that do not appear on my account?

I have had a Virgin mobile account for four years+.

I recently bought a smart phone with another service operator. Now I want to add it to my Virgin account.

I have the new SIM from Virgin and the PAK code from EE.

The Filipino call centre has twice had great difficulty in understanding me. They do not listen to my questions.They do not understand that I want two phones on Virgin with separate numbers. This does show up in my account online however. I have zero confidence in them to do anything for me. I am very tolerant of poor English. I taught English to foreigners for 25 years. They are not up to the job. I want someone to take the PAK code so I can initiate my second mobile phone with Virgin. Also I would like explaining why the £5 top up paid on 29/04/2015 does not appear on the invoice that came by post today 01/05/2015 with the new SIM  a/c ref: 504418, Dispatch note N0050332.Where is this £5?

Until I have some answers I will not continue with Virgin. By the way, your website has a warning on it from Microsoft Outlook.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are foreign based call centres taking my money for services that do not appear on my account?

gbenglish wrote:

I have had a Virgin mobile account for four years+.

I recently bought a smart phone with another service operator. Now I want to add it to my Virgin account.

I have the new SIM from Virgin and the PAK code from EE.

The Filipino call centre has twice had great difficulty in understanding me. They do not listen to my questions.They do not understand that I want two phones on Virgin with separate numbers. This does show up in my account online however. I have zero confidence in them to do anything for me. I am very tolerant of poor English. I taught English to foreigners for 25 years. They are not up to the job. I want someone to take the PAK code so I can initiate my second mobile phone with Virgin.

Yeah the offshore call centre tend to only follow a script and have problems with requests outside that script. I would call VM UK customer service in the day-time. If you get offshore again, hang-up and keep calling.

Also I would like explaining why the £5 top up paid on 29/04/2015 does not appear on the invoice that came by post today 01/05/2015 with the new SIM  a/c ref: 504418, Dispatch note N0050332.Where is this £5?

Isn't it unreasonable to expect a credit made the day before to show up on a bill that was likely printed before that. Even if it was printed after it usually takes up to 24 hours for VM's billing system to catch up.

I'm a customer here like you, so just suggesting the logical.

0 Kudos