Menu
lizruth
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why are Virgin Media refusing to send me a replacement SIM card when my account is up to date?

I have asked Virgin for a replacement SIM card. I've just brought an I phone 5s and need a Nano sim rather than the normal size one. They are saying there is an issue with the collection department but my account is paid up to date and services not restricted. 

I spent 47 mins on the phone to them last night and they faithfully promised to call me back at 1.15pm today. Its 1.45 and surprise surprise no call back! 

Any ideas on what I can do? I have contacted CAB and they have raised a case with Trading Standards. I have also checked out the CISAS site, which Virgin are members of. 

Anyone else having these sort of issues? Feeling very frustrated, new phone and cant use it!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are Virgin Media refusing to send me a replacement SIM card when my account is up to date?

Hi lizruth,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties in getting a new Nano SIM card. I understand you're eager to get this and start using your new phone.

From what you've written I don't see there being a problem with getting you a new SIM out. Did you speak to the Collections team? What was the reason they need to call you back?

If I'm honest, a 30 minute delay could mean they were just stuck on another call. They could have also been called in to a meeting. Did they eventually get back to you?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are Virgin Media refusing to send me a replacement SIM card when my account is up to date?

just buy one of those sim cutters from ebay or amazon this is so much easier

0 Kudos