Menu
essieboo
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why am I being charged extra for a simcard?

I've been a Virgin Media customer for many years now. My 2-year contract ended so I got a new phone and plan - the phone arrived today. There was no simcard with it, so I called 789 to ask about it. I was told they were going to send me the simcard for my new phone, but that they will charge £2.99 to send it within 24 hours. Why?? I've bought the phone and plan, surely the simcard is part of the deal? Why was it not delivered with the phone?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I being charged extra for a simcard?

Because you use the old sim from your old contract
0 Kudos
essieboo
Settling in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not using my old sim from my old contract. My current contract is expiring, and I got a new phone and contract - which is the same as the current one, by the way. The phone is supposed to come with a simcard. Every new phone comes with a simcard. I should not get charged to receive it.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When upgrades are processed our system would indicate whether a SIM replacement is required. If the old SIM card fits the new phone then you wouldn't get a new SIM.

If the SIM doesn't fit then you are quite right, the SIM should have been sent,

What was the old phone you had and what's the new one?

The delivery charge of £2.99 would be applied if you requested the 24 hour service of special delivery, however, normal delivery of 3-5 workin days is via royal mail at 99p

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
essieboo
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, and I'm upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S6. I understand it's a micro-sim for the new phone. But I still don't understand why I'm being charged for the sim. Especially after reading this topic: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Micro-Simcard/m-p/2195502#M949835

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Samsung s4 mini takes a micro SIM and the s6 takes a NANO SIM. The SIM card may be a "micro/NANO" SIM which means that it can be changed with a bit of plastic ( the adapter ) so the replacement MAY have not been needed.

The delivery has always been a chargeable item so by having it free may have been down to that individual customers circumstance so I cannot comment on why they would have this for free

standard process is that a customer would pay for delivery
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
essieboo
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So basically, buy a phone and a plan, don't get all the parts needed for the phone to work, so pay some more to get the complete phone. :-/ I've always had good customer service from Virgin, but this is beyond poor.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You had the part already, you were using it on the existing contract,
0 Kudos