Menu
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why I am leaving Virgin

I have been trying to get my wifes old phone number transferred to her new phone. Old phone is Sim only monthly contract

New phone is Monthly contract, both on Virgin. Tried 789 3 times yesterday talked to different people. Couldnt make any of them understand that we needed to end the monthly sim contract but replace the number on the new phone with her old number. Gave up for the day. We have been with Virgin since the Blueyonder days, I cant believe how bad their customer service has deteriorated.

Ok, I have really had it up to here with Virgin. Tried 789 again this am, the guy says it cant be done as the old phone is a PAYG sim only contract. I say ok, cancel that and transfer number to new monthly phone contract. He says cant do it.

I ask Why? He comes back with "because". I ask him to explain why that cant be done, he come back with "ok, this is getting boring now" I dont need to be insulted by an American idiot! He needs to be SACKED!!

I am cancelling everything I have from Virgin, cable, Phones the LOT! I am moving to Sky

Tags (2)
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why I am leaving Virgin

Appears to me that VM are now deliberately employing rude and obnoxious people to their customer service department.

It seems to be a requirement that 

A) you don't understand plain English

B) you take NO notice of what is being said to you, just 'plough on' through the 'script' 

C) refuse to communicate intelligently with the caller, just continue to ignore them

D) refuse to answer the questions asked by caller, interupting them when they try to talk, possibly being rude..

E) pretend to 'put them through to another department' whilst really, leaving them on hold for 10 minutes or so, before cutting them off...

Clever marketing there VM....Smiley Mad

tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I agree 100% with this as VM is the worst company I have EVER had the misfortune to get involved with!!! They have rendered my business number virtually unusable by activating voicemail so phone only rings 4 times before going to voicemail which means I am losing customers as most hang up and don't bother to phone back again. Impossible to turn off voicemail and VM blatantly ignoring my requests for help on here.

Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The shiny new phone that the sales team worked so hard to persuade my wife to have is now parcelled up and on its way back to Virgin thanks to their useless 789 Customer Service people. This is NOT the way to run a company. Someone needs a kick up the backside

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try this type in #004# and then send, Apparently this does work 

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, 5 days form original post.....

Forum moderators help?????.....................NIL.

Nobody from the company is interested.....

Re-enforces the FACT, that they DO NOT CARE......

The WHOLE attitude of VM (liberty) STINKS... from the CEO down to the CRAP people they employ to provide a 'customer service'

Rude, abusive, arrogant, and downright 'couldn't care less' attitude... Smiley Frustrated

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Royliv wrote:

...transfer number to new monthly phone contract. He says cant do it.

I ask Why? He comes back with "because". I ask him to explain why that cant be done, he come back with "ok, this is getting boring now" I dont need to be insulted by an American idiot! He needs to be SACKED!!

This is why I suggest everyone should record their calls - not just to Virgin, but to any organisation where you make a binding agreement over the phone.

Complaining about it gets the annoyance off your chest, but if you really want to do something about it - note the time and date of the call and let Virgin know that, along with a recording of the call. Something will be done, even if it's just an email informing you that the employee you spoke to is undertaking retraining to ensure it never happens again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi HughJarsse,

I've already responded to Royliv here.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to help further on this occasion.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Everybody should leave and drop them right in it, they don't care on bit for there customers, just the money.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Claim they have taken on 7,000 this quarter if the trade press is to be believed. Not sure of churn figures though.

But their overall revenue is down by 87 million, so expect more price rises and cutting of corners

0 Kudos