Menu
harrko
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Where is the wifi symbol

For years you have been able to determine when you are on wifi by looking for the wifi symbol on your phone. In the last couple of days, since an email from virgin media about hotspots is seems to be absent. What two no decided on this! I don't give a damn what technology you have decided on, just tell me I am on wifi. Virgin E mean jack, when my phone is connected to wifi whether it is my home wifi or a hot spot, show me I am on wifi and there data is free. Not some random rubbish!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is the wifi symbol

Hi harrko,

you don't say what device you are using.

Have you tried turning WiFi on in the phone's settings when within range of a known source?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
harrko
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is the wifi symbol

I am using an Apple iPhone. You ages I can sit in my house. Next to the router and have a wifi symbol in the left hand top corner. Now it does not appear. 

Look at settings and I am on wifi, however no icon.

when the virgin mobile drops because the orange signal here is not great on 3G, I can use the internet, but still no wifi icon. This has only happened since the last wifi buddy email and i have not downloaded the app. However whoever I go to use Wifi the icon is now absent. I want it back regardless of any smart ass wifi buddy, so I know I am using the wifi and not my data allowance.

0 Kudos