Menu
Kirano
Tuning in
Message 1 of 74
Flag for a moderator

When will my Virgin mobile Lumia 625 get the Lumia Denim update with Cortana?

When will my Virgin mobile Lumia 625 get the Lumia Denim update with Cortana?

I really want it because it is available for this phone on all networks except Virgin at the minute and I want to know when it will come out.

Thanks, Kirano Cat Happy

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
geoff1962
Up to speed
Message 2 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my Virgin mobile Lumia 625 get the Lumia Denim update with Cortana?

As with all things virgin , don't hold your breath
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will my Virgin mobile Lumia 625 get the Lumia Denim update with Cortana?

Hi Kirano,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

When a software update is released, we'll test this to ensure that there's no problems with the software and our carrier settings.

I'll chase this up for you and will get back in touch.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dd93
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Mat H - I would have thought Virgin would have the update by now (for 625 and other lumia's) to test, as mentioned the Virgin 625 is the only version to not have Denim according to Microsoft [see link]

https://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-euro...

TBF to Virgin, they are not the only network to not update any of their phones (as of today 26/1/15), 3 of the 4 main carriers seem to be updating their phones (fairly) quickly, but none of the small ones (Virgin included) seem to. Now whether that is because MS are releasing updates to the bigger networks first, or whether the smaller networks are slower at testing/releasing the updates, is a question I cannot answer. I hope, in a way, it is the first option.

Virgin - You seemed to release the Cyan update in a decent timeframe after the debacle of the Black update - PLEASE make Denim more like Cyan and not Black.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi dd93,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I promise we work on all updates as they come in. We'll be working hard to release this update as soon as possible.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Kirano
Tuning in
Message 6 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear it will be coming soon

Thanks, again

Kirano

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 74
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Kirano Smiley Happy

We'll be sure to update you when we have more news.

Thanks,

Mat

pdv99
Joining in
Message 8 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Might be time to switch networks, EE have rolled it out, vodaphone have it, most except virgin. why are Virgin always last  ? My contract is up soon, so maybe I should look for somewhere that offers better service

dd93
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Have you considered switching to sim-only, and buying your phones from the likes of carphone warehouse? This is what I will be doing when I buy my next phone. I switched to sim-only last June (before they changed the pricing!). Buying phones not from the network usually (but not always) mean you get updates quicker, as proved by the fact my 620 bought through virgin does not have the update yet, but a relative with a 620 bought through phones 4 u a little over a year ago does have the update.

Kirano
Tuning in
Message 10 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes

Kirano
0 Kudos