Menu
parajack
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When to order sim?

Hi, I've just given 30 day notice to cancel my contract with Three, I'm moving over to Virgin for a SIM only deal (rolling 30 days). Three have given me my PAC code and have said it needs to be used by the 24th October, so as not to then have to give them another 30 day notice.

So do I order my Virgin sim and use the PAC at the same time, or do I get the sim first and then call closer the time to activate it and use the PAC code?

How long will it take to port the number over? I don't want to do it straight away as I've already paid upfront until end October with Three, so may as well use those mins/text/data..

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When to order sim?

Mobile number transfers take one working day:

Keeping your number

So you'll have to order your new Virgin SIM first and as the 24th October is a Saturday I'd think you'd need to arrange the number transfer no later than 6pm on Thursday 22nd October.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK so if I order the sim now can they set it to start charging me from that date, or do they start charging as soon as I order the sim?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parajack,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

You would be charged from the moment you ordered the sim for this. We'd beunable to postpone the charges while you waited to order the sim over.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos