Menu
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When does my contract begin?

Tearing my hair out as it seems impossible to contact customer services about mobiles anywhere on the site so hoping someone here can help me.

I've ordered a sim for sim only pay monthly & it's on its way. I don't want to start paying until I activate it with my PAC code in about 3 weeks' time as I'm anticipating problems with ending my contract with another provider. When I get the code I will send to VM and get my number transferred the next day and that's when I would like my rolling contract with VM to begin. Is that how it works and, if not, how do I make it so?

0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: When does my contract begin?

OK, so now I know the answer as I've been billed and I can still find no way to contact customer services to explain. 

0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is so frustrating. I tried Twitter with no effect - they told me to call and I couldn't explain in 140 characters why I obviously don't want to use my new sim yet.

I also don't like phoning people. I get flustered and forget important stuff. With something like this I need an email address to explain and there isn't one ... if that's the way a customer prefers to contact a supplier, then the supplier should provide the option. I had this problem with Virgin before when I was querying a massive price increase on my broadband and they kept phoning when I'd already said I want to deal with this in writing so my query was never answered.  

I'm beginning to think that, however bad my current provider, maybe I'm stepping out of the frying pan into the fire by moving to Virgin Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GillB,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties getting hold of us.

We don't currently have an email address you can send your query to however we do have other means of dealing with your issue in writing which you mentioned is your preferred method.

I have included a link to our contact us page here.

If you did want to give us a call the mobile team will be happy to assist you. Our mobile team are available on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789. 

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need anything.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gunwharfman
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My personal experience of Virgin to date is they (or maybe its just individual staff?) are are very reluctant to answer what I believe was a simple question. On the Chat facility, before signing up, I just asked to view the Contract that I would be signing. No matter how I asked they refused to let me see it. The first member of staff closed down the Chat service on me whilst the second staff tried to convince me that the 'Deal' was the same thing as the 'Contract', obviously daft!

In the end a neighbour let me read hers. All I wanted to know was what is the procedure to end a contract and on what date does a contract start. I know now how to end the contract but am still not sure when my contract started?

I have asked if it is the same date as typed on my 'Residential Service Contract' or is it the date I formally signed up for the service? No clear answer yet, does anyone else know?

I assume this answer is in the small print but although I have looked I cannot find it.

0 Kudos
GillB
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think mine began as soon as I agreed to it and gave my bank details which meant I paid for an extra month before using my sim/porting my number which was completely unused. Yes, it irritated me, but I thought it wasn't worth the stress & hassle of trying to do anything about it.

0 Kudos