Menu
Hamptonpig
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When can I upgrade my mobile on 24 month contract?

Current one expires on 6th Nov 2015. 2 weeks ago my account said I can upgrade on 6th august. Gone in now and no option to upgrade. I am in France currently - is this why? There's no point me phoning them as my phone hasn't worked out here for 2 weeks now - even though it's supposedly set up and had done on previous trips.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: When can I upgrade my mobile on 24 month contract?

Hi Hamptonpig,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the upgrade. You can usually upgrade 30 days before the contract end date. In your case this would be 5th October 2015.

We have had one or two glitches with the site so it's possible you were affected and they've rectified it. I'd check the website again when you're back in the UK.

If you're eligible for an early upgrade then proceed. If you have any problems please contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with connecting abroad, but if you've already been there 2 weeks you're probably close to coming home.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Hamptonpig
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes, back this
evening. My account still says 6th Nov for upgrade. Disappointing that for the last few months I've been expecting an upgrade in August as per my account info but now the time has come I've got to wait a few more months.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hamptonpig,

Thanks for getting back to us about the available mobile upgrade on your account. Apologies for any inconvenience or frustration that this may have caused you.

Please give us a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile and discuss this with one of our mobile agents. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
IRC
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry to hijack you thread but I was just on the Phone to call centre in india asking the same question. My contract ends 20th Dec 2015 and the girl I spoke to said it is my refresh date on the 20th Sept so I can get a new contract from that date! I always thought the refresh date was when your allowances where renewed. My phone is dying so I want to upgrade early but could wait one month as I have a spare but dont want to wait until the 20th to be told she was talking rubbish.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi IRC,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

The upgrade date can vary with individual circumstances around the contract you have. Its does sound as though the information you were supplied was correct going by the dates you've mentioned.

If you have any other queries regarding this please give our mobile team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Let me know if you need anything.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
IRC
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen can you answer my other question regarding mates rates. Will mates rates discount apply to phone cost and calls etc or juts the cost of the calls etc

0 Kudos
Hamptonpig
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As expected. No leeway whatsoever. Phoned up when back in the UK and was basically accused of lying! Was told that my upgrade date was always Nov 6th and I must have read the refresh date and thought it meant the upgrade date. I didn't. I know the difference.

Really hacked me off this has. Oh well, wait til November and back to EE I suppose. Checked my virgin media contract yesterday too and found out that's now out of contract so I'll see what Sky can offer...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi IRC,

Thanks for your reply.

I've messaged you privately regarding mates rates (red envelope, top left hand side).

Hope this helps.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos