Menu
BBerry8520
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Whatsapp/ data problem

Hi,

I am on a BBerry 8520 and a £5/ month 250 minutes + 250 MB plan. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago when Whatsapp stopped working when off wifi (on data). Every time I leave a wifi area whatsapp stops working. Rebooting the phone occasionally solves this for a couple of minutes and then back to not sending/ receiving msgs. Some of the data still seems to be working though as I can browse the internet when this is happening. I have tried all the recommended steps unsuccessfully, contacted whatsapp who said the problem must be on Virgin's end.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whatsapp/ data problem

Hi BBerry8520,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that Whatsapp is giving you some issues on your Blackberry. I want to get this all sorted for you. Are you able to remove and re-download the app to see if this helps?

It seems very strange that Whatsapp is the only app affected by this. Give it a whirl and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BBerry8520
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hey, thanks for the reply,

Yes I tried this couple of times with no success. Already been through all the whatsapp solutions unsuccessfully.

I don't have any other apps on my phone so not sure if it is indeed just whatsapp. (although browsing the internet works fine)

Thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same here,

Using whatsapp on a BB Z210, was working OK at weekend, receiving and sending pics/texts/video.

Now appears to have stopped working?? Son in law sent me a video on Tuesday, asked if I got it, but has not arrived?? tried to resend it, still no joy. Now tried to message him via whatsapp, but will not work?? 

Appears this is another VM fiasco, as working on sons Samsung, and son in laws Sony phones!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi BBerry8520

We've not had any reports of this, so I'd like to ensure our teams are taking a good look. 

To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

Hi HughJarse

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Are you able to confirm the steps that BBerry has mentioned? We'd like to eliminate the possibility of there being a data / network issue rather than a single application issue, so let me know if you've tried that.

Is your phone OS up to date?

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in replying, as been away over the last few days.

Regarding the problem, seems the same for me as for BB8520, in as much as it works on home wifi, but not on mobile network?

(didn't think of that until I read the original post again, and tried both at home (wifi) then at work (mobile data) )

seems to work OK whilst connected to wifi, yet refuses to work on mobile network??

Was working OK before, as was sending video/pics to Son in law from work, but now will not work unless I am at ho me on wifi. 

BBerry z10 is on latest OS, and have tried deleting/reloading app, but no joy..Smiley Frustrated

Don't know what has happened here, but hope it's sorted 'soon' unlike the majority of these problems VM have that NEVER get sorted!!

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Any chance of an update on this please??

Still not working on mobile data, just wifi??

Been a while since any staff input on this one...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi HughJarsse,

Thanks for bumping the thread. Sorry to hear WhatsApp is still not work on mobile data.

I know Craig has been off a few days but I've spoken to him today to see if there was any update. He told me there is no news on this.

He also said he was going to send an email off to someone to see if they can provide us with more information. Until this comes back I'm afraid there is no further update.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

So, 3 weeks and ..nothing..' no news on this'

Similar to the 'oops, somethings gone wrong' threads regarding changing tariff online, 7 months, and...nothing  'we are currently looking into this' after 7 months!!

Sadly, no faith in VM anymore, all you seem to do is spout 'hot air' and rhetoric, rather than action. 

Appears that as long as VM is getting it's money, the actual problems with the service they are paying for don't really matter to VM, sadly...

Not impressed with any of the 'help' from staff on here, all they seem to do is 'pass the buck' NOTHING ever seems to actually GET DONE!!

As stated in another post regarding tariff upgrading, am putting in the 30 day notice, and will take business to someone more professional that actually DOES something rather than make  'promises' what they have no intention of fulfilling...

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse

its apparent that you have a few issue to which we are clearly aware of.

as for your tariff this can be achieved by calling the team on 789. If its urgent that you need to change the plan and the price you pay then this is going to be the best action to take. Its evident from your posts that this issue has gone on a long time to which we working on getting this resolved.

Its not also about "getting money". Problems arise and we try and fix them. Some issues arnt instant fixes im afraid.

As for "passing the book" is certainly not the case . This is a support forum where we try and resolve issues to the best we can . People have different knowledge from different areas of the business to which we as staff would assist others where we can. This may take time if we need to complete account corrections . We get that you have had account problems and its apparent from the posts you are frustrated by this.

If you want to create a thread with the specific with all the issues we will try and sort this.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos