Menu
orfc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What's with most of your phones being "out of stock"?

Looking to upgrade my PAYG phone, and I'm shown 27 different choices. Fair enough.

Except 16 (60%) of them are out of stock.

If I'm looking just for an android phone (which is what I want) it's a bit better at 7 out of 15 available, but I still can't get over half the phones displayed, seems a bit pointless - it's not even said if they're discontinued, genuinely out of stock or just stuck up for a laugh.

Anyways, is there any chance of the LG Joy coming back in stock?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's with most of your phones being "out of stock"?

I've no idea on virgin stock as the site is not working for me.

However, you're nor stuck to buying you new handset from Virgin, as any network unlocked phone will work on the network. You can therefor buy one from Amazon, eBay. Or any store with a "sim free" option.

I hope this helps

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi orfc,

Sorry to hear that the phones you are interested in upgrading to aren't in stock. We receive mobile stock in every week, so keep checking back on our website, give us a ring on 789/0345 6000 789 or call in to a local Virgin Mobile shop to see if the phone of your choice can be ordered for you.

I've just checked on the LG Joy and there's still no stock available and no notification when we will be receiving more handsets. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
orfc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well 3 months later and I took j0hn's advice and just got one off the interweb.

Virgin are still showing the vast majority of phones as out of stock and all the same models too (8/15 marked as unavailable for android os, the other 7 just say out of stock when you click on them) - there's no new models coming on stream here. Not great.

0 Kudos
pendle666
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wish I'd seen this earlier - I have an LG Joy which I'd used as an emergency handset, it's hardly used - you could have had it.  If you are still wanting one, please PM me and I'll send it to you.

0 Kudos
orfc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of having an anniversary party for this ongoing issue (and the "promises promises" thread). What's everyone's availability?

0 Kudos