Menu
Andy7687
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What's the point

Can anyone tell me what is the point of Virgin mobile is please I have got unlimited data yet they seem to think it's fair to slow my data down so much that facebook won't even load so I can't see pics or video's. I think it could be time to change networks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the point

Hi Andy7687,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I appreciate your concerns and I'm sorry for us slowing your data speed down.

This happens if you've breached the threshold and it applies to all our data packages. You can read up about this on our T&C's -  "Virgin Media Mobile Acceptable Use Policy Pay Monthly".

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Andy7687
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

So basically if virgin don't like you going over 3Gig why sell teriffs of up to unlimited data to me that is miss selling and a breach of contract it is disgusting and wrong and believe this should be looked in to as I am not getting what I pay for and as soon as I can I'll take my money else where. Oh and what happened with the texts I was supposed to get to say that my data was going to be reset and that I was getting £5 off my next bill. You don't look after your customers and you don't do what you say you are going to do. Very angry with your company.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

This happens if you've breached the threshold and it applies to all our data packages. You can read up about this on our T&C's -  "Virgin Media Mobile Acceptable Use Policy Pay Monthly".

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I have a question, @Rich_B...

I've just been through the data usage calculator on the website and put in about 90 mins of streaming music and 90mins of streaming video as my expected data usage. The site tells me my data requirements are 8gb to 9gb and proceeds to show tariffs that will give me that amount of data.

So my question is: How long will it be before someone at Trading Standards or Watchdog investigates VM for mis-selling data?

And it is mis-selling. I've put my requirements in, been offered tariffs that would appear to meet those requirements, but a threshold buried deep in the terms and conditions means that my requirements will never be satisfied  because a third of the way into my streaming of music and video, the data rate will slow to a speed that is not compatible with streaming music and video.