Menu
bryanclarke124
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is the definitive way to block Premium Texts from 700038340 - STOP /STOP ALL is not the answer

So, now I've become a victim of charges on my mobile bill from a premium text sender, and I don't know how to definitively go about blocking it. I have tried sending STOP / STOP ALL, but the messages is not getting through, presumably because the country code has been cunningly disguised. Am I being stung every time I try to STOP the messages as well? Currently, there are 4 items on my bill, and they appear to be reliably transmitted on the same day/time each week. So what is the answer to getting this stopped?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the definitive way to block Premium Texts from 700038340 - STOP /STOP ALL is not the answer

The definitive answer is to change your number.

There is a lot of effort you can go through to identify the spammer and attempt to get a refund (all mentioned in recent threads) but the only way you can stop it is by ditching your number.

And the break only lasts until your new number is being passed around among spammers...

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the definitive way to block Premium Texts from 700038340 - STOP /STOP ALL is not the ...

Hi bryancalarke124,

Thanks for posting.

Gutted to hear you're getting charged for premium texts. This can be very frustrating.

I can see Gorf has been helping you out which is great.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope , top left hand side) with some details around this.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos