Menu
jr12
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What is the data charge for Switzerland?

Switzerland page in Virgin's cost pages says data is 50p per Mb, other general page has Switzerland included with EU countries as a place for which a travel pass can be purchased (eg 10Mb for £1.50) mobile web/mobile broadband (is there any difference between 'data' and mobile web?). Virgin's phone support people have told me not to buy a pass. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the data charge for Switzerland?

Hi Jr12,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for any confusion caused.

I would advise to purchase a data pass while travelling within the EU. You can find more about this here.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jr12
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the data charge for Switzerland?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The point is kind of that Switzerland isn't in the EU.

Also that different pages within Virgin's site say different things - one indicating that Swizerland data will be charged per Mb used, the other that it is (for data purposes, not texts) grouped in with EU countries as a place for which a pass should be bought.

I've now been told both things by Virgin Media support, first not to buy a pass and second to buy a pass.

Initial data usage, when a pass had not been bought, nevertheless showed on the account as usage of a pass - but only worked briefly.

A pass was then purchased and data then seemed to work again. 

So, if I had to to it again I'd probably buy a pass...

Seems from reading other forum posts that I was quite lucky anything worked at all!

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos