Menu
cpt_custard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What is the Best mobile data speed I can expect?

I have just rejoined VM only to annoyingly find out that they dont do 4G ( I was NOT told that when I joined up ) So what is the best speed I can expect? Please say it is better than standard 3G.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the Best mobile data speed?

Hi Cpt_custard,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to Virgin Mobile Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you weren't made aware that we don't have 4G yet before you signed back up. We offer H+ speeds which factors as around 3.5G. How are you finding browsing on the phone?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cpt_custard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I only put the SIM card in my phone at 2am this morning lol. I did manage to stream some music from it but it did take a while to buffer. but saying that where I live it is crap for signal for most networks lol.

All being well I will be going out tomorrow so I will see how the browsing goes. One big thing that will hit me is when I VPN to my PC at home to grab files ( I am trying to start a small graphic design business and need to grab files on the go occasionally when I am at the printers )

Is there any ETA as to when mere mortals will get the fabled 4G signal as Virgin business does it Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cpt_custard,

Thank you for coming back and posting and apologies for the late reply here.

I hope that you've been able to do everything you need with the phone, I can imagine starting up a business is exciting and scary at the same time, (I wish you all the best Smiley Happy ).

I don't have an ETA on this but I know that if there's any news on 4G then I would keep an eye out in our News and events page Smiley Happy

All the best for the future and hope the business kicks off well.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos