Menu
xenophone
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What has happened to "Hear the message envelope" on voicemail?

How can I find out who left a voicemail message if I don't recognise them or the person did not say their number?  

Hearing the message envelope is no longer one of the options on the new improved (yeah, right) voicemail service.  This was a useful feature.  Why has it been removed?

Helpful Answers
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What has happened to "Hear the message envelope" on voicemail?

Quite agree. Even if you recognise the person's voice, or they leave their name, in this day and age you don't know which number they called from as people these days have mobiles, land line, Skype, work numbers, need I go on ?  So much better if the voicemail would still give you the number they called from to leave the message.

Why did VirginMedia remove this feature ?  Or did it just go by accident as someone did not design the new system correctly......

All Replies
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quite agree. Even if you recognise the person's voice, or they leave their name, in this day and age you don't know which number they called from as people these days have mobiles, land line, Skype, work numbers, need I go on ?  So much better if the voicemail would still give you the number they called from to leave the message.

Why did VirginMedia remove this feature ?  Or did it just go by accident as someone did not design the new system correctly......

jazzabrazza
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This thread has now been marked "solved", possibly due to the other poster who chipped in on the thread agreeing that there was a problem having their post marked as helpful!

This is definitely NOT a solved issue. It now seems under the new "improved" voicemail system that you cannot access the "message envelope" with details of the number that left the message. Even if the caller tells you their number as part of the message they leave on your voicemail, it is often impossible to hear it clearly. Most also assume that you either have their number or will be able to access it.

I have spent some time now on the helpline to try and find out what has happened and if it is possible to access callers numbers when they leave voicemail, as they don't appear in my missed calls list and message envelope access is nowhere to be seen. Typically EVERY support person I have spoken to is either completely ignorant of the situation or gives me information which is simply not true. Nobody has been able to give me a simple yes or no answer as to whether or not the message envelope function is still there or not. This is after calling several times and speaking to different people and even being passed on to "technical support". All about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

This is a MAJOR balls up, Virgin Mobile. It renders your voicemail useless to me and is a deal breaker unless fixed very soon. If not, I WILL be switching mobile provider and telling everyone I know why I have done so. Over to you.

"Solved". What a joke...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

jazza! I suspect that it's not on a "omission"  in error, more of a design feature or lack off in the new system, at a guess Virigin tested it out, had no issues reported and wheeled it out to everyone, I'd also bet a beer that it's a cheaper option for them, if that's the case, we're stuck with it.

0 Kudos
jazzabrazza
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

jazza! I suspect that it's not on a "omission"  in error, more of a design feature or lack off in the new system, at a guess Virigin tested it out, had no issues reported and wheeled it out to everyone, I'd also bet a beer that it's a cheaper option for them, if that's the case, we're stuck with it.

I didn't think they'd have omitted in error to include the feature. It might have been that they omitted in error to tell people how it could be accessed in their new set of instructions, that or they had as you say deliberately removed it

Anyway, that's all irrelevant now.as I actually spoke yesterday to someone on their helplines who had what sounds like hard information on it rather than a load of ignorant flannel as had previously been the case. I was told that this feature was not currently available in their new voicemail system but that it would be implemented on or just after August 11th. God only knows why they have done this, launching a half baked new improved system (possibly they have just reinstated it as a resuly of complaints) but the guy was quite definite about it. I did spell out to him that I would be switching provider if it didn't appear by that date. Hope this helps everyone.

As to that beer, we'll see what happens in a few days time...

0 Kudos