Menu
Lodger41
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What happened to my £10 airtime voucher topup ?

I use my mobile for occasional texting, and never make calls, so usually a £10 topup lasts for ages.

However , yesterday I was surprised to find only 2p credit in the phone, though I topped up £10 only a week ago, and have send about 12 texts.

Any ideas out there please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What happened to my £10 airtime voucher topup ?

Hi Lodger41,

what phone do you have?

Is it a smartphone? Could it have Apps / OS that have connected to the internet?

If so at £1 per day your top up would soon go.

You could log into your Virgin Media Mobile account and check "Recent usage"

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Lodger41
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Thanks for ideas...........I have  landline internet broadband, and usually use a basic mobile when out and about.

However..........my Daughter gave me an old smart phone last week ....the smartphone has no sim but is great an an mp3 player and camera, it also goes online via my hub network and shaRES pics with my laptop, and downloads free stuff like radio podcasts, ...but,  BUT, i did put my payg sim into for a few days........and buzzed someone as a signal to call me back.........i made no actual phone call, but once i was a bit slow hanging up, hmmmmmmmmmmm i also updated my free shareit app, i have no data plan and so assumed that the sim card was not accessible to google play store or the like?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lodger41,

unless you disabled (turned off) mobile data many of the phones Apps will automatically do things like check for updates.

I.e. weather, temperature, location e.t.c.

As you have no data allowance you would have been charged at the pay as you go rate of £1 per day > 100MB.

Check your recent usage in your account as I suggested for confirmation.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos