Menu
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What 08 numbers are included?

I recently changed my plan to the £8 a month 1000 minutes + 1000 minutes to 08 numbers, unlimited texts and double data (2 GB).    

On the My Account app on my phone it shows "inclusive minutes to 0845 and 0870 numbers" as opposed to simply "08" numbers.  I was under the impression that numbers to ALL 08 numbers were included in the 1000 minute allowance, not just to 0845 and 0870.   Are numbers such as 0844, 0843, 0871, 0872, 0873 definitely also included in this allowance?  

Could someone from Virgin please provide a definitive answer to this?   Thanks.  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What 08 numbers are included?

Hi c_smith,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to post. It's great to hear that you've recently upgraded your mobile tariff. 

Your new plan does indeed include all 08 numbers, as per our website ad: Pay Monthly SIMs:

08 numbers: Use these additional minutes to call numbers that begin with 08 without using up your regular UK minutes. Calls to 080 are always free.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi c_smith,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to post. It's great to hear that you've recently upgraded your mobile tariff. 

Your new plan does indeed include all 08 numbers, as per our website ad: Pay Monthly SIMs:

08 numbers: Use these additional minutes to call numbers that begin with 08 without using up your regular UK minutes. Calls to 080 are always free.

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

billkilv
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unless you are on a 4g package, where 08 numbers are excluded and you get stung for 14 quid for one call!

0 Kudos
billkilv
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just requested my PAC code to switch as it's silly that 08 numbers are included in 3g but not 4g

Surprised they didn't try to keep me as I've been with them ages
0 Kudos
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call them back, it may just be that the representative you spoke to didn't know there were other options available where you retain access to 08 numbers.  See my last post in this thread for more info:  

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Changes-to-mobile-plan-July-2017/td-p/3436803

0 Kudos