Menu
cdw246
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Waste of time. Constant poor service!

After having so much trouble using the online submission service and receiving generic answers, and not receiving the promised call backs from yourselves when I phone (and i'm talking well into double figures here), I saw the online chat service pop up on my screen on your mobile website. Thought i'd give it a try...

Just one of my many time wasting adventures with Virgin. Also currently waitin to hear back about a billing complaint from 3-4 weeks ago, which is niw clearly well past the "within 48 hours" promise!

[You're chatting with Runa.]
11:08:46
Runa:
Hi this is Runa, How can I help you today?
11:10:06
Runa:
Are you available to chat?
11:10:17
Customer:
Hello, you recently changed by billing date without my permission or any notification from yourselves. This was chaned to the 13th of each month. I spoke with yourselves a few days ago and you confirmed that you would put this date back to the 17th which is the agreed payment date. I have now received an email from yourselves stating that you will be taking payment on the 15th.
11:10:48
Runa:
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
11:10:48
Customer:
Why is this, and why was my complaint ignored?
11:11:00
Runa:
I can try to help you
11:11:04
Runa:
Before proceeding can you please confirm your account number or telephone number or full postal address?
11:11:57
Customer:
The last payment you took also caused me to go into overdraft, how do I claim back from you for these bank charges I have incurred?
11:12:07
Customer:
XXXX (phone no.)
11:12:30
Customer:
XXXX (address)
11:13:23
Runa:
Thanks for the details .
11:13:34
Runa:
Can you please confirm your full name and if I am chatting with the registered Virgin Media account holder?
11:14:04
Customer:
Yes I am the account holder, XXXX (name)
11:14:43
Runa:
Thanks. Can you also confirm the first two characters of the password you usually quote over the telephone when you call Virgin please?
11:14:54
Customer:
XX
11:15:23
Runa:
Perfect, I have the account open now; I will just need a few minutes to look into your query further.
11:15:32
Customer:
Ok
11:15:50
Runa:
Thanks
11:19:15
Runa:
Sorry for the delay
11:20:46
Customer:
Ok
11:24:12
Runa:
I see can that your current Direct Debit withdrawal date is on or around the 22nd of each month.

The available Direct Debit withdrawal dates for your area are as follows:
11th, 19th, 26th, 2nd ,14th ,30th and the 6th of each month.

11:25:14
Runa:
Please select the Direct Debit withdrawal date from the above dates and we will be happy to make the relevant changes for you
11:25:21
Customer:
My bill date has always been the 17th, why was this changed to the 13th and 15th incorrectly?
11:26:00
Customer:
I would like it to be the 17th as it always has been, and as we agreed again when I phoned you last week.
11:26:41
Customer:
I have the call recorded if I need to send it, althought I know you record the calls also
11:32:30
Runa:
I have checked your account Chris and can see that there are no recent changes made to the Direct Debit withdrawal date .Unfortunately the 17th of the month withdrawal date is not available for your post code.Sorry for the inconvenience caused.I can change the Direct Debit date from the above available dates.
11:35:23
Customer:
That is worrying, as you have changed the date twice now, and you don't know why or have any record of it? Is my account not secure at Virgin Mobile? This is very concerning! And the fact that I have already phoned and had this confirmed by yourselves is also worrying, why is there no record?
11:36:03
Customer:
The payment date on my account should be the 17th
11:36:48
Customer:
But you have now incorrectly, and without permission or notification, changed this.
11:37:36
Runa:
Chris there is no change made to your Direct Debit withdrawal date recently .
11:38:16
Runa:
Unfortunately the 17th of the month withdrawal date is not available for your post code.Sorry for the inconvenience caused.I can change the Direct Debit date from the above available dates.
11:39:01
Customer:
Then why did you take money on the 13th of April and 13th of May, when it was only agreed to be taken on the 17th?
11:39:20
Customer:
Someone has changed it at Virgin Media
11:40:03
Customer:
Can you please explain this?
11:40:40
Runa:
I can confirm that the payment for your bill dated 8/04/15 was debited on the 22/04/15 and the payment for your bill dated 7/05/15 was debited on the 22/05/15
11:41:31
Runa:
I hope this helps Chris
11:42:45
Runa:
Are you available to chat?
11:42:47
Customer:
No they were taken on the 13th of the month
11:43:02
Customer:
Are you looking at my mobile account?
11:43:44
Customer:
My broadband and tv was taken on the 22nd. I am not talking about those. I am talking about my mobile as already stated
11:44:14
Runa:
Chris I am checking your Virgin Media account. I'm sorry this webchat service is currently only available for Virgin Media cable accounts. To resolve your enquiry, you will need to contact our Mobile Team on 0845 6000 789 and my colleagues will be happy to assist.
11:45:32
Customer:
Then why, when on your mobile site, did it tell ne to use this service, if you can't help me?
11:47:28
Runa:
Chris the webchat team is only for cable customers.Sorry for the inconvenience caused.We cannot access your mobile account via chat.
11:48:50
Customer:
Well this has been a waste of 40 minutes of my time. Thank you.

Is this some sort of joke? Are you aiming to be the most incompetent company in the UK?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waste of time. Constant poor service!

Hi cdw246,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your direct debit dates. Appreciate this is very frustrating.

Due to security we are limited to the type of support we can give particularly in regards to billing issues via this community.

I'd like to try to get this sorted out for you though.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get some details from you around this.

If you wish to give our mobile team a call you can do so on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from your landline. 

Look forward to your reply.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos