Menu
Shanegal
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Warning - Data use in Switzerland - Post June 15 2017

Great, I've been charged £396 (direct debit) for data use in Switzerland.  While I accept Switzerland is not in the EU, and unlike BETTER (read that most ) UK mobile providers, Virgin Mobile have chosen not to include it in it's free roaming countries, why have Virgin Mobile reneged on it's promise of capping, and limiting data use at  £42 (excluding VAT) ?   

Virgin Mobile Website says this:

"We want you to come home with lots of happy memories, not nasty surprises – so we set a £42 (excluding VAT) limit for mobile web when you’re outside the EU. "

No texts, no mention of roaming charges, no warnings, no caps, no limits, no sympathy from the helpdesk, no fair.    

Three calls, two hand-off to "supervisors" (which were then ignored and terminated after 30 seconds), and one final chat with a guy who refused to answer my question above.  Waiting for the dispute to be dealt within the next 72 hours.

Happy to pay £42, but not £396.

Goodbye, Virgin Mobile. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warning - Data use in Switzerland - Post June 15 2017

Hi Shanegal,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I deeply apologise for the extra charges in Switzerland. I appreciate that's a big shock to you.

I'm querying this with someone. Once I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Shanegal
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich.

I hope I hear soon.  My daughter, who uses this number, can no longer make calls (in the UK, despite having unlimited call, text and data)!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shanegal,

I appreciate you may have called in since we last spoke, but I just wanted to stop by to say the team are still looking into this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos