Menu
bellevueace7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Want to keep my number

Hi I have a contract with EE which is now ended,(24 months).I want to switch to Virgin mobile but my number is on a business contract which i took out when working.I am now retired and the company is no longer trading.I need to keep my number as it is registered with hospitals etc as i have an illness.EE said I can't keep my number if I change to a personal tarrif.I have been a customer of Virgin Media and it's various other names since 1994 unbroken service.

Can you help in this matter?

J.Murray

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Want to keep my number

Moving to a different network allows EE to give you a PAC on request, so that method will allow you to keep the number when you move, Virgin may use EE equipment but currently does not have 4G ( it seems to be happening soon but no promises) and as such is a slightly poor relation.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

To transfer a mobile number you need a PAC which is generated by the existing mobile company.

There is some detail from OFCOM here about circumstances where a PAC can be refused http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

Unfortunately if EE won't release the number for transfer, I don't think there is anything Virgin Media or any other provider can do to force EE to issue a PAC.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Moving to a different network allows EE to give you a PAC on request, so that method will allow you to keep the number when you move, Virgin may use EE equipment but currently does not have 4G ( it seems to be happening soon but no promises) and as such is a slightly poor relation.
0 Kudos