Menu
CJAPeterborough
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Want another SIM card but seems to be mission impossible

Have been a customer since the NTL days and have two monthly SIMS .(WIfe and I)

Back in Jan this year my mother went into full time care so I got her a SIM which was relatively easy to obtain apart from taking 3 weeks to arrive.

So happy with the 3 SIMs my son then asks me if it is possible to add him onto my account ....so I try to get a 4th.

That is where the problems started

Many phone calls later and credit check etc later it seems that it is impossible to get another SIM as "computer says no" . It seems the SIM process requires that any SIM on the account needs at least 6 successful direct debits before any more can be added.

It took me quite a few hours of calls to find out the above rather than the annoying "unsuccesful credit check"

Clearly my son wont wait for another 3 months to get a SIM on my account.

Very frustrating,angry and dissapointed!

Does anyone have any suggestions how to overcome this issue and get the 4th sim?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want another SIM card but seems to be mission impossible

Hi CJAPeterborough,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem getting a 4th SIM card added onto your account. Has this issue been resolved for you?

If you would like for me to have a look into this for you, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you.

Please provide the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
CJAPeterborough
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want another SIM card but seems to be mission impossible

Thanks for your reply.

I have made no progress with this.

I tried making a complaint with Virgin early last week and despite promises from various representatives I have had no followup contact.

It seems impossible to talk to anyone who will take ownership of the problem and get the help I need to resolve this.

0 Kudos