Menu
FYou
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Waiting on delivery of sim for sim only contract

Complaint of incompetence, lying and general dismissive attitudes.
I ordered a sim only contract on 4.08.16 online, I received a phone call to do the credit check, by 18.08.16 I still had not received my sim so I called. I was told that "virgin had cancelled my sim" and not to expect it, so I reordered, I was also told you could change my number without a pac code, the person I spoke to promised to give me a call back the next day to sort that as I wanted to sort it before my pac code was no longer valid.
A sim arrived on 20.08.16, I waited several days for it to activate, when I rang 789 it asked me to top up, so I called and asked why it was a pay as you go sim and not a pay monthly, the person I spoke to told me that this was the first sim and that the second to replace it had no turned up, today is the 10.09.16 and I still do not have that second sim!
I asked for a manager to call me back as clearly I had been lied to by the first person I had spoken to, I held for ages then they promised a call back witch never happened.
Finally I called again on 7.09.16 and asked for a manager to call back and this time they did after spending more time and money explaining to someone that could not grasp that the sim I was calling about I ordered online as according to the records I ordered one sim on the 18.08.16 and apparently the serial number matched that one and none other existed........
The manager had the same issue and unfairly compensated me for the problems I experienced with the call canter staff, she was not interested with the online order date only he phone calls.
This to me says not only do you allow staff to lie but you also allow them to cover it up by changing records, that or your staff are completely incompetent.
And by the way I'm disabled and can't go out without a working mobile, so that's viegin for keeping me house bound.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email complain system = they don't wanna know, I have a gate example for you, please read

Hi FYou,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation, seeing that you have been without your mobile phone and apologise for the inconvenience this causes. 

Checking this for you, I can see that you have spoken to a manager and that there was a problem porting your number.

I understand you're unhappy with the situation. If you have raised a formal complaint by calling or writing in to us (please see Contact Us: www.virginmedia.com/contactus for these details) and have not come to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice found on our Help pages.

To access this information, please go to Terms and conditions - Our Codes of Practice: Our service

If you would like to escalate your concerns to us then please get in touch following those methods to allow us to deal with your complaint in the proper procedure.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
FYou
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email complain system = they don't wanna know, I have a gate example for you, please read

It gets worse, after being told I will not be charged for 2 moths they took money out the next day, I contacted the complaints department and they did not call me back.
Now not only have virgin taken money when they shouldn't they have sent me an email saying they are billing me twice this month. This company is full of nothing but idiots and quiet evidently run by con artists, have fun with traiding standers maybe they can get the deserving repsonce this crap deserves.
Also I spent a good £50 calling them as I can't use my mobile in the house as I don't get signal.
0 Kudos